Shaved Rainbow Carrot Salad
Posted on 27 March by
A simple, yet delicious Autumn recipe
The sweetness from the raw carrots pairs well with the slightly tart pomegranate molasses and the subtle heat from the crushed red pepper.
The beauty of rainbow carrots is captured perfectly in a shaved salad, and little sparkly red pomegranate seeds adorn it like jewels. Large multicolored carrots (or event just regular carrots - they taste the similar) can be found at Gilbert's Fresh Market, Coles or Woolworths. This salad tastes the same with regular carrots, too.
Shaving the carrots is easy: after you peel the dirty outer layer from the carrot, just keep peeling long fresh strands into your salad bowl.
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses or honey
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 680 grams multicolored carrots
- ¼ cup chopped roasted, salted pistachios
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Whisk together scallions, vinegar, pomegranate molasses, crushed red pepper, and salt in a large bowl. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until smooth.
- Using a vegetable peeler or mandoline, shave carrots into long ribbons. Add to bowl with dressing and toss to combine. Top with pistachios and pomegranate seeds.