Cook Mum breakfast in bed
9 May 12:00am
If you know your way around the kitchen, cook up a storm and cook Mum breakfast in bed. There’s just about nothing better than waking up and eating a luxurious and thoughtfully made breaky in the comfort of soft sheets. Get all the ingredients you need from Coles or Woolworths and whip up a delicious surprise.
French Toast with Berry Compote
This easy-to-make recipe is sure to impress and better yet, takes no time to whip up. Serves 4 and only takes 15 minutes!
What you’ll need
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 6 free range eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (or dairy alternative)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 8 slices of bread
- 200g of vanilla yoghurt
- Heat a non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Place frozen berries in saucepan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Then remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk and cinnamon. Place the bread into the egg mix and coat, then fry in the pan for 1-2 minutes each side.
- Place 2 pieces of French toast on a plate, cover with the berry compote, vanilla yoghurt and drizzle with honey.
Classic Eggs Benedict
This classic breakfast dish will make your mouth water and is sure to WOW Mum. Serves 4
What you’ll need
- 8 pieces of short cut bacon
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 English Muffins
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cook the bacon in a medium frying pan until the bacon is browned. Remove and set aside
- Boil water in a large saucepan then add vinegar and boil again
- To make the Hollandaise, melt the butter. Put egg yolks, lemon juice and salt in a blender – blending on medium speed for 30 seconds. Slowly add the melted butter while continuing to blend.
- To cook the eggs, crack one egg at a time into the slow simmering water and cook until your desired firmness. Remove from the water with a slotted spoon to allow the water to drain
- Toast the English Muffins
- Place the toasted English Muffins on a plate, add the cooked bacon, place the egg on top and then cover with the Hollandaise sauce